Are you a high school or college student interested in pursuing a career in education or animal care? Gain experience this summer at Reptilia
Our education team is looking to hire outgoing individuals to assist with our seasonal camp programs!
As a Camp Counselor, you will be responsible for leading Reptilia’s day camp programs which are educational programs held in one-week sessions for children ages 4-12 years.
This is a seasonal position, Monday through Friday. The camp schedule runs from 8AM to 4PM, with aftercare until 6PM.
- Under the guidance of the Facility Manager and/or Camp Lead, deliver camp programming based on weekly themes.
- Provide a memorable and fun camp experience that includes guided tours, games, crafts, hands-on activities, and more.
- Share conservation messaging in an engaging way, using a variety of methods, inspiring empathy and awareness.
- Handle and care for live ambassador animals as laid out in Reptilia’s policies.
- Supervise campers and provide excellent group/classroom management.
- Assist with classroom and activity set up and clean up.
- Ensure a safe, clean, secure environment for campers by adhering to and following current COVID-19 guidelines.
- Ensure camper safety and well-being, adhering to Reptilia policies and procedures.
- In collaboration with the Facility Manager and Camp Lead, communicate with parents and families to ensure an overall positive camp experience for each camper in our care.
- Regularly clean work area to ensure it exceeds camper expectations and to ensure health and safety.
- Other duties assigned by the Facility Manager, Camp Lead, or related Management Staff.
No animal experience required, all training provided, but a passion for nature and wildlife is a must!
- Experience working with children in a summer camp environment.
- Enrolled in/graduate of a post-secondary degree in biology, environmental science, education, or a related field.
- Excellent communication skills, proven ability to speak before an audience.
- Proven ability to problem-solve.
- Knowledge of animal and conservation issues demonstrated awareness and commitment to the environment.
- Familiarity with Reptilia and our animal collection.
- Certified in emergency first aid and CPR.
All offers are subject to the satisfactory completion of a vulnerable sector check.