The program is four months in length. There is often the option to increase the length of the stay to continue developing new skills and knowledge!
The program is full time. Students put in full days, five days per week!
Our interns come from all across the world from a variety of different fields, not just the study of reptiles! Our program is geared to people who are studying for or have completed a post-secondary degree, and the content may be difficult for some of those that do not have post-secondary experience.
Those without post-secondary education will be assessed on a case by case basis, but may still be accepted. Graduation from high school is an absolute necessity.
- A cover letter detailing why our program is of interest to you, what you hope to achieve from the program and your future goals
- A resume with prior work and education history
Application deadline for the January – April 2020 Program is December 1st, 2019. Interviews begin in December.
Please email inquiries and applications to: email@example.com
Please note that the Reptilia internship is unpaid.
WE LOOK FORWARD TO HEARING FROM YOU!
- Appropriate husbandry and care for our extensive collection of our 500 animals spanning over 130 different species
- When prepared, this includes exposure to arachnids and crocodilians
- Prevention and treatment of common injuries and ailments
- Participation in Reptilia’s ongoing research projects
- Discuss current and interesting literature from the field of herpetology
- Develop enrichment strategies to enhance animal well-being
- Preparation of educational materials
- Strategies for breeding reptiles, incubation of eggs and care of neonates
- Zoo exhibit design and maintenance
- Nutrition needs and food preparation
- Management of volunteers, guest interface and tours